Chart EWO Axis Scaling Broken in 3.19

Discussions about product bugs & problems!
Note: This is no replacement for the Official ETM Support!
Search

4 posts • Page 1 of 1
jimtaylor

Chart EWO Axis Scaling Broken in 3.19

Post by jimtaylor »

Hi,

We had a really nice chart EWO in a 3.17 project that has broken when upgraded to 3.19. It seems as though the setAxis() function no longer works to scale the axis when the chartType = "StackedBars". Here's how the chart looked before and after:

The code is the same in both, with the key piece of code being: chart1.setAxis(0, 5, 23, "Time of Day"). Not only is the axis not scaled in 3.19, but a completely blank portion has been added on the right so the bars don't fill the grid any more.

I created a test panel with a very simple chart, just to be sure it was not something specific to our project. With this script executed in 3.17 and 3.19, you can see that the axis is scaled in 3.17 but not in 13.19:

Code: Select all

// [Chart_ewo1] [1] - [Initialize]
main()
{
  this.chartType = "StackedBars";
  this.setAxis(0, 4, 14, "Axis 1");

dyn_float one = makeDynFloat(1, 2, 3, 4);
  dyn_string labels = makeDynString("Bar 1", "Bar 2", "Bar 3", "Bar 4");
  this.addSeries(one, labels);
  this.setSeriesFillColor(0, "{196,128,128}");

dyn_float two = makeDynFloat(4, 3, 2, 1);
  this.addSeries(two);
  this.setSeriesFillColor(1, "{126,128,196}");
}

Can the setAxis() function please be fixed for chartType "StackedBars", so that we can scale the axis as we need to, just like we could in 3.17?

Many thanks.

hpuchegger

Re: Chart EWO Axis Scaling Broken in 3.19

Post by hpuchegger »

If a change in functionality is desired, we always require a service request to resolve such issues.

However, there was a change related to this issue in 3.19 P005:
"When setting min/max at addAxis or setAxis in a Chart.ewo with type "StackedBars", the visible scales are not applied."

Which patchlevel are you using?

Br, Herbert

jimtaylor

Post by jimtaylor »

I was not requesting a "change in functionality", I was reporting a bug for you to fix.

Nonetheless, it seems that I was using 3.19 patch 4, and I can confirm that my issue is indeed fixed by upgrading to the latest patch 6. Thank you.

hpuchegger

Post by hpuchegger »

Thank you for bringing the case to our attention, but please take into account the common rules of the WinCC OA Forum:
viewtopic.php?t=10555

The WinCC OA Forum is used to exchange information between WinCC OA customers.
If you need assistance for a specific topic please get in contact with your common WinCC OA support.

It should also be mentioned that the forum is not the right place to report bugs, as no information is shared from the forum to the development team. If bugs are identified, we therefore require a separate service request.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1