master not seeing dp types from dist properly

Discussions about product bugs & problems!
Note: This is no replacement for the Official ETM Support!
Search

5 posts • Page 1 of 1
tpjctrl

master not seeing dp types from dist properly

Post by tpjctrl »

This is a weird issue I've not seen before, but perhaps someone here has seen it.

I'm trying to connect a dist system to a master system, both can see each other, but when I try to sync the dist to the master from the dist configuration screen, it gets stuck on step 2 which is awaiting handshake. I can see the handshake request on the dist system and I can approve it, but it does nothing on the master, it just sits at step 2 and eventually fails. Log screen on the master says that some errors happen mostly due to the fact that:

WCCOActrl (4), 2023.09.04 10:51:40.000, CTRL, WARNING, 71, DP does not exist, D:\Source\SCS_T2\scripts\distSyncMan.ctl Library: C:\Siemens\Automation\WinCC_OA\3.18\scripts\libs\distsync.ctl
Line: 1631, dpGet, _DistSync_14.Command.Handshake.Request:_original.._stime

and

Script: OnRButtonClk
Line: 18, dpGet, distSys:_DataManager.Backup.Status

etc. If I open PARA and look for the _DistSync_14 or _DataManager they do exist (on the dist system which is visible on the master), but it seems that the dp types are "corrupted" as the datapoint elements have no names, so the structure with nodes is there, but all names are blank. If I check the same dps directly on the dist system, they are all fine, so it seems like the master has some issues seeing / reading the dp types on the dist.

I've tried restarting the project on the master as well as on the dist, that didn't help, I've even removed the whole dist system from the dist system list on the dist configuration screen to "remove" it from the master, but that also didn't fix anything.

Dist system is running 3.19 P003 and master is running 3.18 P018, not sure if that's the issue?

hpuchegger

Re: master not seeing dp types from dist properly

Post by hpuchegger »

Are you using SQLite for 3.19?

There is a related fix in 3.19 P004:
"Distributed systems older than 3.19 get invalid DpIdentification data from 3.19 system."

Please try to retest the behavior after upgrading to the newest WinCC OA Version 3.19 P006 which will be released this week.

Br, Herbert

tpjctrl

Post by tpjctrl »

Yup, OK well at least I'm not going mad :)

Will test after the patch is applied, thanks!

tpjctrl

Post by tpjctrl »

So I've just installed the latest patch and things seem as broken as before. I can see the dist system in dist management panel, but when I select it in the left hand side list and click the right pointing arrow to add it to the Integrated Client Systems list on the right, it throws this error:

WCCOAui (1), 2023.09.08 13:01:40.816, IMPL, SEVERE, 54, Unexpected state, ElementTable, getId, Problem in Dp-Type Container for Dp-Type 142
WCCOAui (1), 2023.09.08 13:01:40.816, CTRL, WARNING, 71, DP does not exist,
Module: Dist-Management
Panel: C:\Siemens\Automation\WinCC_OA\3.18\panels\vision\distsync\Overview.pnl [Dist-Management]
Object: 69 named: "cmdSingleCreate" of type: PUSH_BUTTON
Script: Clicked
Library: C:\Siemens\Automation\WinCC_OA\3.18\scripts\libs\distsync.ctl
Line: 1430, dpGet, WKF:_OneWayDist.distSystemIds

Also it seems like it kind of "remembered" the last dodgy connections from before the patch was installed, and even with the dist system removed from the list of Integrated Client Systems, I can still see it's DB present in PARA and it constantly keeps throwing this error in the Log:

WCCOActrl (4), 2023.09.08 13:00:54.599, CTRL, WARNING, 71, DP does not exist, D:\Source\SCS_T2\scripts\distSyncMan.ctl Library: C:\Siemens\Automation\WinCC_OA\3.18\scripts\libs\distsync.ctl
Line: 1631, dpGet, _DistSync_14.Command.Handshake.Request:_original.._stime

Sync forced from the dist management panel fails as well, it gets stuck on the "Waiting for handshake (2 / 6)" step, but I get no handshake request on the dist system side.

Can someone please confirm this is related to 3.19 vs 3.18 cross version incompatibility, or some other issue? If it's 3.19 related, I'll just abandon that version for now and go back to the more stable 3.18 with the latest patch applied.

hpuchegger

Post by hpuchegger »

There are no known version incompatibility issues for dist between 3.19 and 3.18.
Are you using SQLite?

For further analysis, we recommend that you create a service request via our support portal as we need deeper insight into the log files and configurations.

Please use our support as described at https://www.winccoa.com/support.html

Br, Herbert

5 posts • Page 1 of 1